Gluten Free and Vegan is this recipe. Lentils make a surprisingly great crumble. I started working on lentil recipes for the 2016 LEGENDARY LENTIL COOK-OFF. I present to you a lentil Cobbler. Yummy I promise.
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 8 cups fresh peaches – peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a blender grind 1 cup lentils into a flour mixture.
- In a large bowl, combine peaches, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, lemon juice, and xanthan gum. Toss to coat evenly, and pour into a 2-quart baking dish. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl,combine lentil flour, 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, and coconut.
- Blend in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Remove peaches from oven, and pour a coating of topping over them. Bake until topping is golden, about 20 minutes.