TiramiSue Me, This Sundae So Good. I am made the most delicious Tiramisu Coffee Ice Cream with Nutella Coffee Sauce. Is the ultimate Jersey Girl treat! Growing up in North NJ with an Italian Grandma, I have had my fair share of Tiramisu. But never seen anyone make ice cream! This sundae is like eating a real tiramisu but with a little something special added! The Nutella Espresso Sauce is by far the best thing I have ever made. You will gain 5 pounds just looking at this photo! But hey don’t TiramiSue Me, This Sundae So Good TiramiSue Me! This yummy recipe is for my own personal benefit and the Door Coffee Contest. The Toddy coffee maker extracts the coffee bean’s true delicious flavor and eliminates much of the acidity!
Toddy Brewed Espresso
1 Door County Coffee Espresso 10 oz. Bag
7 cups water
Tiramisu Coffee Ice Cream:
6 Egg yolks
1 tbsp Cocoa
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Door Toddy brewed Espresso
1 3/4 cup Heavy whipping cream
1 1/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
1 cup Espresso liqueur
16 chopped up Lady fingers
- Chill ice cream maker bowl over night.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler, over boiling water. Reduce heat to low, and cook for about 10 minutes, whisk constantly.
- Sabayon will cool off for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Fold Mascarpone into whipped yolks, beat until combined.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks.
- Combined liqueur, espresso, and sabayon mixture and cream. Place in freezer for 2 hours.
- Cut lady fingers in 3 sections
- Pour Ice Cream mixture in machine
- Turn machine on after 10 minutes pour cookies in. Continue for 20 more minutes.
- Spread Ice Cream in air tight Tupperware, smooth with spatula and dust with cocoa powder.
- Freeze 4 hours or overnight.
Nutella Espresso Sauce:
Whisk in Nutella until blended.
Then apply whip cream via pastry bag.
Finally, drizzle sauce on sundae.
Garnish with one lady finger.